Down Payment Assistance (DPA) is a set amount of money provided to qualified homebuyers to bridge the gap between their maximum mortgage capacity and the sales price of their selected home. The funds can be provided in the form of an unsecured grant or a deferred loan. Homebuyers can use the money to cover their down payment and/or closing costs under most programs. The DPA program can be administered by a local or state housing authority, a non-profit organization, or directly through a lender. Our housing advisors guide you through the process, whether buyers are accessing public funds or those from municipalities.
First-time buyers or individuals/households who have not owned a home for the past three years in the United States are eligible. Most DPA programs are income restricted. For 2022, eligible families were those that did not exceed 120 percent of the Palm Beach County Area Median Household Income (AMI) of $90,300.
- Email Home@cp-cto.org or call 561-841-3500 x 1075
- Stop by the main office: 2001 Blue Heron Blvd. West, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
A minimal fee applies to some programs. Please see our fee schedule on the resources page.
Thank you for your interest in the City of West Palm Beach’s Northend RISE Homeownership Assistance Program.
The Northend RISE Homeownership Assistance Program is designed to provide assistance to eligible applicant(s) residing in the Primary RISE Impact Area in the City of West Palm Beach to purchase eligible housing units located within the boundaries of the Primary RISE Impact Area. The Program provides assistance in the form of a deferred payment second loan as down payment financing toward the purchase price and closing costs of housing units that will be occupied by the homebuyer.
Should you desire to apply for the program, please follow the instructions outlined below.
1. Review program eligibility:
- Program Eligibility (English language)
- Program Eligibility (Spanish language)
- Program Eligibility (Haitian-Creole language)
2. Contact Community Partners of South Florida at 561- 841-3500 to schedule an appointment for an interview and assessment.
3. Once you complete our assessment and we determine that you are eligible to move forward, the housing advisor will assist you in completing the City of West Palm Beach program online application.
If you have any questions, please contact Community Partners of South Florida at 561- 841-3500.